What You Need to Know about Standrads for Testing Plush Toys
Cut pieces inspection
- The cloth to be cut must be placed on the cutting tablefacing one front and one back and the fluff orientation must be consistent.
- The number of layers of the cut plush is not allowed to exceed 8 layers. T/C cloth, nylon cloth, electronic velvet, woven cloth and other thin fabrics are not allowed to exceed 36 layers.
- Check whether the cutting piece is consistent with the cutting boards,and the top layer and bottom layer of the cutting piece for errors. When there is an error, we should check the number of layers of the cutting piece and the knife edge of the die.
- The color of cutpieces is not allowed to have color difference which must be consistent with the signature. There shall be no discoloration during the friction and water washing test.
- For the cloth with white edge, be careful not to cut the white edge into the cuttingtable. All cut pieces with white edges must be regarded as unqualified products.
- Front edge of the sewing should not be less than 3/16 ". Size small toys should not be less than 1/8".
- The two pieces of fabric must be aligned and thefront edge should be even when sewing. It is not allowed to vary in width. (Especially the sewing of round and curved cutting pieces and the sewing of face).
- The stitch length of sewing shall not be less than 9 stitches per inch.
- There must be a return needle at the end of sewing.
- The thread for sewing must meet the tensile requirements (see QA test method above) and use the correct color;
- During sewing, the lathe worker must use a clip to pull the plush inward while sewing to avoid forming bald belt.
- For the sewing on the cloth mark, first check whether the cloth mark is correct. It is not allowed to put the words and letters on the cloth mark into the sewing. The cloth label can not be wrinkled and the position cannot be reversed.
- When sewing, thefluff orientation of the plush toy's hands, feet and ears must be consistent and symmetrical (except in special circumstances);
- The center line of the toy's head must line up with the center line of the body, andthe stitching at the joint of the toy body must match . (except in special circumstances).
- Missing stitches and skipping stitches is not allowed to occur on the sewing thread.
- The semi-finished product should be placed in a fixed position to avoid loss and dirty;
- All cutting tools should be properly kept and carefully cleaned before and after work.
- Comply with other regulations and requirements of customers.
Manual quality inspection: (finished products should be inspected according to manual quality standards)
Handwork is the key process of toy production and the transition stage from semi-finished products to finished products. It determines the image and quality of toys. Quality inspection personnel at all levels must strictly comply with the following requirements.
Fix the eyes:
- Check whether the eyes used are correct and whether the quality of the eyes meets the standard. Any eyes, blisters, imperfections and scratches are deemed as unqualified products and can not be used;
- Check whether the eye pad is matched. Too big or too small is not acceptable;
- Understand that the eyes should be fixed in the correct position of the toy. Any wrong eye height or eye distance is not acceptable;
- Adjust the best force of the eye stapler during eye stapling, and do not crack or loosen the eyes;
- Any eye stapled must be able to bear a tensile force of 21LBS.
Fix the nose:
- Check whether the nose used is correct and whether the surface is damaged or deformed;
- The nose must be placed in the correct position. The wrong or distorted position is unacceptable;
- Adjust the best force of the eye stapler. Do not damage or loosen the nose surface due to improper force;
- The pulling force must meet the requirements and must bear 21LBS pulling force.
- The sharp parts of the tip of the eye and nose root must be hot fused, generally from the tip to the end;
- Incomplete or excessive hot melting (melting the gasket) is unacceptable;
- Pay attention not to scorch other parts of the toy during hot melting.
- The overall requirements of cotton filling are full image and soft feel;
- The cotton filling must reach the required weight, and it is not acceptable that the cotton filling is insufficient or the parts are uneven;
- Pay attention to the cotton filling in the head, and the cotton filling in the mouth must be firm, full and prominent;
- The cotton filling at each corner of the toy body cannot be omitted;
- All standing toys should be firm and strong with cotton on all four feet, and should not have the feeling of soft collapse;
- All sitting toys should be filled with cotton on the buttocks and waist, and must be seated stably. Use a needle to pick up cotton when sitting unsteadily, otherwise it cannot be accepted;
- Cotton filling cannot deform the toy, especially the position of hands and feet, the angle and direction of the head;
- After cotton filling, the size of the toy must be consistent with the size of the signature, and it is not allowed to be smaller than the size of the signature, which is the key point of inspection of cotton filling;
- All cotton-filled toys must be processed according to the signature and continuously improved to strive for perfection. Any defect that does not conform to the signature is unacceptable;
- Any bursting and yarn stripping after cotton filling are unqualified products.
- All seams must be tight and flat. Any holes or looseness are not allowed. Insert a ballpoint pen inward from the seam to check. If you cannot insert it or do not feel the gap picking the seam with your hand, it is qualified.
- The stitch distance at the seam shall not be less than 10 stitches per inch;
- The heads of knots at the seam shall not be exposed to the outside;
- Cotton is not allowed to seep from the seam after the seam;
- The bristles must be clean and complete, and no bald band is allowed. Special corners of hands and feet;
- When brushing thin plush, do not use too much force to break the plush;
- Other objects (such as eyes and nose) shall not be damaged when brushing. When brushing around these objects, you must cover them with your hands before brushing.
- According to the customer's regulations and the signing requirements, determine the method and position of the lifting wire for eyes, mouth and head.
- The suspension wire shall not deform the shape of the toy, especially the angle and direction of the head.
- The sling of two eyes must be applied evenly, and the eye depth and direction cannot be different due to uneven application of force.
- The knotted thread ends after hanging the thread shall not be exposed to the body.
- After hanging the thread, cut off all thread ends on the toy body.
- The "triangle suspension method" commonly used at present is introduced in the following order:
- Feed the needle from A to B, then cross to C, and then return to A;
- Then feed the needle from A to D, cross to E, and then return to A for knotting;
- Suspend wires according to other requirements of customers;
- The expression and shape of the toy after the suspension should be basically consistent with the signature. If there is any deficiency, it should be carefully improved until it is completely the same as the signature;
- Various accessories are ordered according to the customer's requirements and the shape of the signature, and the parts found to be inconsistent with the signature are unacceptable;
- All kinds of hand-made accessories, including neckties, ribbons, buttons, flowers, etc., must be tightly fastened without loosening;
- All accessories must bear 4LBS tension, and the quality inspector must often check whether the tension of toy accessories meets the requirements.
- Check whether the hanging tags are correct and whether the various hanging tags required for the goods are complete;
- Check the number of the computer board, the price board and the price to see if there is any error;
- Understand the correct method of playing cards, the position of entering the gun and the order of hanging cards;
- The head and tail of all plastic needles for shooting must be exposed outside the toy and not left inside
- Toys with display boxes and color boxes. It is necessary to understand the correct placement of toys and the position of glue needle into the gun.
The responsibility of the hair dryer is to blow away the broken wool and plush on the toy body. The hair dryer should be clean and thorough, especially the brushed cloth, electronic velvet material and the ear and face parts of toys that are easy to be stained with hair.
- Before using the probe machine, metal objects must be used to test whether its functional range is normal.
- When using the probe machine, all parts of the toy must be swung back and forth on the probe machine. If the probe machine makes a sound and turns on a red light, the toy must be immediately removed from the thread, take out the cotton, and pass through the probe machine separately until metal objects are found.
- Toys that have passed the probe and toys that have not passed the probe must be placed clearly and marked.
- Each time you use the probe machine, you must carefully fill in the Probe Machine Use Record Form.
All manual workers must keep their hands clean and can't stick oil stains on toys, especially white plush. Dirty toys are unacceptable.
- Check whether the shipping mark of the outer box is correct, whether there is any misprint or omission, and whether there is any useless misprint of the outer box. Whether the printing of the outer box meets the requirements, and it is unacceptable if there is oil stain or ambiguity.
- Check whether the tag of the toy is complete and whether it is used incorrectly.
- Check whether the playing method and position of the toy tag are correct.
- Any serious or minor defects found in the boxed toys must be picked out to ensure that there are no unqualified products.
- Understand the customer's packaging requirements and correct packaging methods. Check for errors.
- The plastic bags used for packaging must be printed with warning signs, and the bottom of all plastic bags must be perforated.
- Understand whether the customer requires to put instructions, warning letters and other text papers in the box.
- Check whether the toys in the box are placed correctly. Too much squeezing and space are unacceptable.
- The number of toys in the box must be consistent with the number marked on the outer box, and cannot be a few.
- Check whether there are scissors, drills and other packaging tools left in the box, and then seal the plastic bag and the carton.
- When sealing the case, non-transparent adhesive tape shall not cover the words of the shipping mark.
- Fill in the correct box number, and the total number must meet the order quantity.
Box throwing test:
Because toys have to go through a long time of transportation and wrestling in the box, in order to understand the bearing capacity of toys and the situation after wrestling, the box throwing test must be carried out. (Especially the outer boxes of toys such as porcelain and color boxes). The method is as follows:
- Lift any corner, three sides and six sides of the outer box of the sealed toy to the chest height (36 ″) and fall freely.Be careful to hit one corner, three sides, and six sides of the box.
- Open the box and check the condition of the toys in the box. Decide whether to change the packaging method and replace the outer box according to the bearing situation of the toy.
- All electronic products (plush toys with electronic accessories) must be 100% inspected, and 10% inspection shall be required for the warehouse when receiving goods, and 100% inspection shall be required for the workers when installing.
- Take several electronic parts for life test. Generally speaking, the electronic parts of beep type must be called for about 700 times continuously as qualified products.
- All electronic accessories with no sound, slight sound, sound gap or fault can not be installed on toys. Toys with such electronic accessories are also unqualified products.
- Inspect electronic products according to other regulations of customers.
- In view of the strict safety requirements of toys in Europe, America and other countries, as well as the frequent occurrence of foreign consumers claiming compensation from domestic toy manufacturers for safety problems. The safety of toys must be highly valued by relevant personnel.
- The accessories on the toy body, including eyes, nose, buttons, ribbons, neckties, etc., may be torn off and swallowed by children (consumers), causing danger. Therefore, all accessories must be tightly fastened and meet the tension requirements.
- All plastic bags used for packaging toys must be printed with warning words and punched at the bottom to prevent children from putting them on their heads.
- All filamentous and reticulated objects must have warning words and age signs.
- All materials and accessories of toys shall be free of toxic chemicals to prevent children from licking and causing danger.
- Do not leave metal objects such as scissors and drill in the packing box.