Plush toy fabric knowledge
This topic requires you to learn to identify the differences between different materials and different specifications of the same material, so as to pay attention to the differences in price and cost.
Identification of toy fabric (common):
Commonly used toy fabric
There are many styles. It is clear from the color card of Fuguang Company. In recent years, it is very popular to make bean bags. Most of the popular TY beans in the United States and Europe are made of this material. The wrinkled bears we produce also belong to this category.
Pay attention to the quality inspection: the softness of the wool surface is generally poor, but the printed sheared cloth will fall a little, and it should be acceptable if it is not serious. In general, if the weight of plush cloth (including plush cloth and cloth wool) is low, the wool will easily fall down and not stand up. Pay attention to the quality inspection. The wool length of the sheared cloth is not easy to measure, the wool is short, and the cloth looks thin, so it should also be carefully checked. Generally, the wool length should be 2.5-3.5mm, normally 3.00mm, and the curled sheared cloth can reach 5-10mm, and the relative weight is also high. When signing the contract, the wool length requirements should be noted, generally 3mm, the weight is 450g/Y-480g/Y, and special ones should be noted. In addition, the woolen cloth also has hair direction.
（2） Plush cloth:
Yarn A and A (also called ordinary yarn and BOA material) are divided into:
Glossy yarn: Generally, it is glossy. Under the light, the hair direction can be different to distinguish the yin and yang sides.
Matte yarn: that is, matt, basically without negative and positive sides.
B, V yarn (also known as special yarn, T-590, Vonel) has even cut and long and short wool (Uneven cut). The wool length is about 4-20 mm, which is a medium grade material.
- Hipile (Haipai, plush): The wool length is within the range of 20-120mm, and any wool length can be made within the range of 20-45mm, and only 65mm and 120 (110) mm above 45mm. It is long and short wool. Because the quality of raw yarn has a significant impact on Hipil, we should require the wool factory to use raw yarn of Japanese Mitsubishi grade or above, and the wool should be straight and smooth, not easy to curl.
- Curly (tufted):
① Tumbling boa, A yarn curl: most of them are granular wool, lamb wool, or the hair root is bunchy, and the top is curled. It is usually used to make more classical toys, with a maximum hair length of 15mm; The price is much cheaper than Shanghai style curly hair.
② Tumbling H.P. Shanghai style curl: usually the hair is long, and the curl effect is loose. There are many styles to choose.
- Super soft material: it has been used and the material is very soft; Note that the price will vary with the original yarn.
- And D.D.F: It is a kind of H.P., hard and straight, high-grade material, usually mixed with color.
- Plush printing materials include: 1. printing; 2. Jacquard; 3. Tip-dyed:; 4. Variegated; 5. Two tone, etc.
Note: Check the quality of the plush cloth : 1. The density of the plush is grams, and whether the handle is smooth (that is, whether the open yarn is tight or not, and whether the wool surface is upright or collapsed, which has a great impact on the weight of the plush cloth and the finishing quality of the plush factory); 2. Raw yarn quality and weaving quality affect the smoothness effect; 3. Shearing quality affects wool height; 4. Dyeing accuracy affects color; 5. For the effect of large area of hair surface, see whether the hair surface is dense, erect and smooth, and whether there is abnormal indentation, wavy texture, disordered hair direction and other abnormal phenomena. The above aspects can basically be used to judge the quality.
Of course, there are different requirements for products of different grades. We should learn to judge and grasp the acceptance criteria. The safest way is to confirm the sheet material before ordering, and then receive the goods according to the sheet.
The plush factory will generally develop new varieties with different styles, hand feel, hair quality, curling and bunching effect for the toy factory to design new styles every year. We should take the initiative to clarify the name, specification and attribute of the new varieties so as to make accurate classification and application.
(3) Velour: similar to sheared cloth, but the wool length is about 1.5-2mm, and the elasticity is larger than sheared cloth; Hairless.
(4) T/C cloth: (65% Polyster, 35% Cotton) is divided into three types:
1) 110 * 76: thicker, used in printed fabrics, or products with higher requirements, with higher density, and not easy to split).
2) 96 * 72: second; The density is relatively thin.
3) 88 * 64: again. Due to the loose structure, it is usually required to make light paste on the middle of the material to prevent the seam from being loose and causing crack.
2) And 3) are usually used to make interlining. Use according to the grade and purpose of the product.
（5） Nylex, Tricot: It is also divided into ordinary nylon fabric (100% Polyster) and nylon fabric (Nylon), which are usually ordinary. It is easy to make, cut silk screen and embroider. In the case of cut silk screen, it is necessary to control that the hair length of the hair should not be longer (usually not more than 1mm), otherwise the silk screen is difficult, the color is hard to penetrate and easy to fade.
Nylon selvedge nylon cloth is rarely used, only when special products require strong adhesion, such as the beach cap we produced before. Moreover, there is a minimum quantity of materials to be ordered in Korea, so only special products are considered for use.
（6）Cotton cloth (100% Cotton): used to make high-grade printed cloth, thicker than T/C cloth.
（7） Felt: We should pay attention to the thickness, softness and hardness. There are two kinds of ordinary polyesters and acrylic. We usually use ordinary polyesters, which are hard, with a thickness of about 1.5mm. Acrylic is very soft, loose and perishable. It is often used for gifts and less for toys.
（8） PU leather: It is a kind of polyester, not leather leather. Note that the thickness of the cloth will vary with the base cloth.
Note: PVC materials can not be used for all toys now. Because PVC contains excessive toxic and fatal elements, it should be noted that the materials cannot be PVC when purchasing As for packaging materials, some guests accept PVC materials, and some do not, so we should pay great attention.（8） PU leather: It is a kind of polyester, not leather leather. Note that the thickness of the cloth will vary with the base cloth.
（9） Heather T/C: It is also divided into cotton or T/C, thicker, and the grain is clearly visible.
（10） Jushi cloth: measure the texture according to the number of pieces; It should be selected according to the grade and use of the product.
（11） Knitted fabric: divided by the weight and count of grams, divided by cotton or T/C, the fabric has greater elasticity.
（12） Electronic velvet: thin and bright, but the wool surface is not soft enough.
（13） Polar fleece: It is divided into single-sided fleece and double-sided fleece. It feels soft, but has great elasticity.
（14）Velvet: There are several grades. The difference between velvet and electronic velvet is that it is soft and the price is relatively high.
（15） Flocking material: divided into single-sided and double-sided. If the bottom cloth is different, the thickness and hardness are different, and the price is also different.
（16）Satin: Usually sewing is not easy to make, and it is too soft and easy to remove yarn.
（17） Nylon Taffeta: There are wrinkles on the cloth surface. Because it can be washed, some products will be used, but sewing is not easy).
（18） Nylon cloth: split lining: 170T, a kind of nylon cloth, very thin and cheap, can be considered as inner bag lining; Ordinary nylon cloth: 190T; Thick nylon cloth: 210T; Oxford cloth: over 420T.
（19） Towel cloth: Cotton: the terry is high and appears rough. The bottom cloth should be thick and dense when used on toys, so that the cotton is not easy to run out.
T/C type: the terry is fine and smooth, and is mainly used for baby products, bath products, etc. Pay attention to the thickness of the bottom cloth and not penetrate the cotton.
（20） Others: denim, flash cloth
Note: When determining the fabric quality and unit price, pay attention to the specifications such as door width, weight, density, gross length, etc. Don't just look at one value and ignore other conditions.
- Eyes (plastic eyes, crystal eyes, cartoon eyes, movable eyes, etc.)
- Nose (plastic nose, flocked nose, wrapped nose, matte nose, etc.);
- Ribbon; Please pay attention to the quantity of the order if the color is specified, the quantity is small, or the style is specified.
- Plastic bags (PP bags are commonly used and cheaper in the United States, and European products must use PE bags; the transparency of PE bags is not good enough for PP bags, but PP bags are more prone to wrinkle and break), PVC can only be used as packaging materials (the DEHP content must be limited to 3%/square.), and heat shrinkable film is mostly used for color box packaging as a protective film.
- Carton: (two types)
Double-ribbed A=B, A=C, B=B, B=C, C=C, triple-ribbed, A and B are also available (such as backpack series). Unless specified by the customer, usually the export outer box is A=B, and B=B or B=C can be considered for small size export outer box. Before ordering cartons; We should first select the genuine supplier, and first confirm the various types of paper provided by the carton factory. We should pay attention to the quality of each batch of incoming goods, and also pay attention to the quality of each batch of incoming goods to prevent the supplier from passing off the inferior products as the genuine ones. In addition, factors such as weather, humidity and rainy season climate may also have adverse effects on the paper.
Single-ridge B33, C33, etc. are usually used as inner boxes, or turnover cartons for domestic delivery. The quality of outer paper and inner corrugated determines the rigidity of the cartons.
- Cotton: It is divided into 7D, 6D, 15D, and A, B, and C. We usually use 7D/A now, and 6D is less used. Grade 15D/B or Grade C shall be used for low-grade products or products with strong fortifications. 7D is very smooth and elastic, and 15D is rough and hard.
According to the fiber length, it is divided into 64MM and 32MM cotton. The former uses manual for cotton punching, and the latter uses machine for cotton punching.
Our general practice is to loosen the raw cotton by ourselves. We should ensure that the cotton loosening process is correct and there are enough times of cotton loosening to make the cotton completely loose and achieve good elasticity. If the cotton loosening effect is not good, it will cause a great waste of cotton consumption.
- Rubber particles: (divided into PP and PE), the diameter should be greater than or equal to 3MM, and the particles should be smooth and uniform. Products exported to Europe usually use PE, which is more environmentally friendly. In addition to the special requirements of customers, PP or PE can be used for export to the United States, which is cheaper. Unless otherwise specified by the guests, all exported products must be wrapped in inner bags.
- Plastic parts: The body of ready-made plastic parts cannot be changed, such as size, shape, etc., otherwise the mold needs to be opened. Generally, the cost of plastic mold is expensive, ranging from thousands of yuan to tens of thousands of yuan, depending on the size of the mold, the difficulty of the process, and the choice of mold materials. Therefore, the mold cost is usually calculated separately for the production order output below 300000 yuan.
- (Color) printing materials: including color boxes, hanging tags, stickers, etc. The price ofcolor printing is directly related to the number of orders. If the order is small, the quantity of printing paper is small, which is easy to cause large color difference, uneven color, and increased proportion of manufacturers' loss, so the unit price must be high.
When implementing the unit price of printed matter, it is necessary to pay attention to whether it includes the costs of film, print-proof, coating, etc. For the pattern specified by the customer, it is better for the customer to provide the film and color draft, and the color ratio (the ratio of four-color CMYK), which can speed up the speed and accuracy of printing.
10.Cloth marks and weaving marks: they must pass 21 pounds of tension, so now they are mostly thick tapes.
- Various color matching cotton belt, webbing, silk cord, rubber band: pay attention to distinguish the impact of different raw materials on product quality and cost.
- Velcro, buckle and zipper: pay attention to the high adhesion of Velcro (especially when the functional requirements are high).
Pay attention to the selection of zippers. # 5 zippers can generally meet the requirements of EN-71 and ASTM tests, and can be suitable for products of all ages. # 3 zippers may fail the tension and torque tests, and are usually only suitable for products over three years old.
Before design and ordering, the applicable scope of the product should be understood first. When ordering and feeding, the supplier should be specially reminded that the relevant safety standards must be met, and the element content of dye (oil) must meet the standards.
※ There are many materials for toys. Here, we won't mention all of them. More cognition depends on ordinary accumulation and continuous learning. To understand materials, the way is to see more, remember more, and ask more, especially to ask suppliers, record the name and specification of materials correctly, understand the performance of materials in all aspects, and pay special attention to the prices of different specifications and manufacturers. Make appropriate judgment on quality and suitability for use when selecting suppliers.
1.Grasp and pinch
Because the outer material can be seen and touched, it is generally easier to reduce costs on the internal fillers of plush toys. There are different internal fillers, such as the feeling when grasping, the rebound ability of the toy, the natural distribution uniformity of the fillers, and the pollution level of the fillers in the toy itself after washing. The additives mainly used in the general market are foam, sponge, sponge, PP cotton (3D cotton) and PP vacuum cotton (3D vacuum cotton) according to the cost from low to high. Some of them are mixed. The latter will be introduced later. Among them, PP cotton and PP vacuum cotton are of high quality. The best is PP vacuum cotton. Each fiber is hollow. So no matter how you twist and press, the PP vacuum cotton will bounce back to its original state quickly. However, due to its high cost, PP cotton and tarpaulin cotton are still widely used in the formal market. However, the resilience and bulking effect of PP cotton is better than that of cotton. The quality of rubber cotton is better than sponge and foam. The worse ones are sponge and foam. Among these materials, PP cotton is dozens of times more expensive than foam, even more expensive than rubber cotton. Therefore, many manufacturers have started to cheat on the supplements in order to obtain higher profit space.
The following is a comparison between several typical materials and PP cotton: foam particles are wrapped with sponge as filler, which has a distinct sense of layering compared with PP cotton when grasping, and the filler is unevenly distributed; The sponge is wrapped with tarpaulin, which has uneven soft and hard degree and too fast rebound speed compared with PP cotton when grasping; Compared with PP cotton, tarpaulin cotton feels hard when grasping and is not easy to rebound. After grasping and pinching, it has obvious pit feeling, and the distribution of filler is uneven. Some bad molecules use a large number of contaminated and harmful substandard materials as additives. The appearance of the plush toy made of this kind of material can't be seen, but it feels that the toy made of PP cotton is not elastic, soft, and has poor rebound effect when it is grasped and pinched, and because of the poor quality of the filling material, it will become more and more dirty after washing. If we can distinguish the advantages and disadvantages of the supplement, we can say that the possibility of being cheated is much smaller.
Although the external materials can be seen and touched, it is not easy to distinguish the differences between various external materials. Let's start with a simple way, which is to pull the surface of the plush toy with your fingers. As we know, the outer fabric is generally made of warp and weft knitting and then attached with short plush or other plush. Fabrics with good workmanship are not easy to shed when pulled by fingers, while imitation or counterfeit fabrics are easy to shed. This is because the warp and weft lines of high-quality outer fabric are closely matched during the knitting process, and the attached plush is not easy to be pulled down.
There are many kinds of outer materials for plush toys. Such as short plush, heim, etc. This makes it difficult for us to distinguish the quality of outer fabrics. But we can still distinguish it by simple touch. When you touch the surface of the outer fabric with your hand, the fabric with good quality will not shed wool, and the feel is soft. Some fabrics treated with technology feel more soft. The fabric with poor quality is easy to shed wool and feels hard. Some even can’t bring up the desire of purchasing. Because the process of high-quality fabrics is relatively complex, the cost will also increase.
Watching and watching can help us distinguish between good and bad toys from two aspects. (1) Color (2) Charm of shape through watching, no matter what we feel about the overall shape of plush toys, we will have a feeling. This feeling is actually the highest quality of toys -- charm. The plush toys with excellent design and craftsmanship will give people a very cute and likeable feeling. This is verve. Poor products do not have this feeling. The realization of this charm is not only related to the vividness of the eyes, but also related to the placement, size ratio, and overall posture of the components of the whole toy. This feeling is actually the first feeling of people.